Links Roundup for 6/11/2011
Here we go again!
1) FDA Dietary Guidelines of the Past; or, When Butter was a Food Group.
2) A stop-motion short made with knitted figures.
3) It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it: mocking anyone using the term "chemical free".
5) A Softer World is still funny. (Bonus points if you catch the mouse-over text reference!)
Speaking of web-based humor, there now apparently exist two Doctor Who mashup blogs worth following:
And now a bonus bunch of links I've already tossed up on twitter and/or facebook, but repeat here for people who didn't catch them that way:
7) If I had to choose a form of graffiti to support, I choose the one in red.
8) An amazing personal story of an ER doctor on duty in Joplin during the massive tornado.
10) Muppet/Star Wars action figures exist? Awesome!
11) Guaranteed to be the cutest thing you've seen in ages: a little kid racing an otter at the zoo.
12) Finally, the only reasonable explanation for those infernal Star Wars prequels.