Wednesday, January 05, 2011

More Reasons to Hate the United States Postal Service

I put a hold on my mail while visiting the in-laws for Christmas, and needed to pick up the accumulated mail today. Here is what I found out:

1) They still delivered some of my mail while I was gone. So they can't properly implement a hold on my mail.

2) I tried to call the local post office this morning to make sure that this specific location was the one holding my mail. Hours that they are open: 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM. Hours anyone will answer the damn phone: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. WTF? All I got was a recording at 8:30 this morning, and was forced to call the national 1-800 number.

3) Picking up the mail was easy enough, but just now going through it, I found six pieces of mail addressed to five different addresses that are not even remotely similar to mine. Given that two of them are medical-insurance related, I'm betting I have everything I need to steal two different identities here if I were so inclined. So when stopping my mail, they mucked up the mail of a bunch of other people as well.

There's no way this level of incompetence and/or disregard for customer service would be tolerated from a private service like FedEx or UPS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home