rantings of a random scrub...
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. --H.L. Mencken
Monday, September 27, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
1) Phil, this one's for you: a music video about "squirrel rights."
2) Why you should read Science Fiction.
3) Selling knockoff ShamWows at a flea market, a hilarious Bazaar of Despair.
4) Awesome rant complaining about the existence of the penny. I agree.
5) Hyperbole and a Half: a great webcomic.
6) This also is a funny blog. I envy his ability to deadpan preposterous conversations like this one.
7) My inner Star Trek geek loves this pun.
8) I find this baffling, mysterious, and somehow mesmerizing.
Small World Game Review
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
Another reason to love football
Ha! I love TMQ:
Note: During the preseason, TMQ uses "vanilla" items designed to confuse scouts from other sports columns. Beginning next week, I will come at readers from all directions with multiple-adjective sets and unorthodox grammatical structures.Also, The Onion has published today their hysterical team-by-team preview for the NFL. Highlights:
St. Louis Rams:It's only slightly marred by being preemptively obsolete as Leinart was cut by the Cards and signed by the Texans over the weekend, but makes an appearance in their Cardinals preview.
Weakness: Battle for the quarterback position seems to be heating up, as neither starter A.J. Feely nor first overall draft pick Sam Bradford wants to be blamed for the upcoming 2-14 season
San Francisco 49ers
Player To Watch: Veteran Brian Westbrook is always a threat to explode into a cloud of ligaments and bone
Biggest Question: The Vikings still have many unanswered questions in the secondary, such as "What's a cornerback?" and "Who was supposed to cover that guy?"
Intangibles: None, as the Texans continue to be a manifestly corporeal team