Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Unintended Consequence?

I'd call this an unintended consequence of new regulations, but it was so freaking obvious that this would happen I don't know that it can be reasonable classified as "unintended":

Continental Will Cancel Flights To Avoid Fines For Late Takeoffs

I don't remember who, but I read a blogger predicting this months ago, when the regulation was announced.

UPDATE: SB7 cordially reminds me that it was indeed him. And it was only weeks ago. My memory sucks. (I had thought it was SB7, but a cursory google search didn't turn it up and I was rushing, so...)

1 Comments:

At 3/09/2010 12:22 PM, Blogger SB7 said...

I don't remember who...

That might have been me, but I was far from the only one who saw this coming. I got the story from Jacob Grier, and Katherine Mangu-Ward made the same prediction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home