Sunday, November 16, 2008

Whiny Atheists

John C. Wright busts out an ironic berating for whiny atheists:

"There are an awful lot of agnostics, atheists and other types of non-theists who feel a little alone during the holidays because of its association with traditional religion."
I feel a rant a-coming on.

[...]

Are you an atheist because you want to be loved and smooched and patted on the head, Mr. Edword? Or are you an atheist because you think atheism is TRUE and REASON DEMANDS IT?

[...]

I realize that, now that I am on the opposing side, I have no more right to feel contempt for weakness in the ranks, but, by Jupiter's holy lightning-flinging scrotum, this kind of whiny talk used to really bug me, and I still suffer flashbacks to my old self. How can you feel lonely during Christs' Mass when YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN CHRIST??!! The crowd of lemmings is rushing off after the Pied Piper to worship the Unseen Flying Spaghetti Monster, and you are feeling all lonesome because you are not in the crowd? Who wants to be in any crowd when the crowd is mad?
Pwned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home