Friday, August 01, 2008

He can have my cynicism when he pries it from my cold, dead hands

By now everyone must have heard this quote from Michelle Obama:
Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.
To which I have now found the best response EVER:
I'd love to see a president, any president, try and take my cynicism. He would be met with a return salvo of high explosive cynicism so whithering that all children within five miles of him will instantly stop believing in the Easter bunny. And they will weep. Please, for the children, do not try to take my cynicism.
Ha! Agreed.

Postscript: Um... all I want is for politicians to leave me the hell alone. She's telling me that's precisely what Obama's not going to do. Not a good sales pitch for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home