Monday, April 17, 2006

Free Hao Wu


FREE HAO WU: Hao Wu, a Chinese blogger and documentary filmmaker, has been imprisoned by the Chinese government for 54 days (and counting) and has not been:
  • charged with a crime
  • formally arrested
  • given access to a lawyer
His family isn't even being told where he is! This is a travesty of justice, and reason #5782 to hate the Chinese government. "People's Republic" my ass... The only "people" with any rights over there are those with the power to enforce those rights themselves, which defeats the whole purpose of rights anyway.

1 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 7:48 PM, Blogger Seth said...

Hey. I noticed your comment on Critical Mass about the paper you wrote on the evolution debate. I read your abstract, and I'm interested in reading your paper. If you'd like, you could email it to me at "simmonss-at-jbu-dot-edu" Thanks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home