Tuesday, April 11, 2006

For those of you who may not have seen it (or known where to find it), Dan Jarratt, a good friend of mine, recently put together a COMPLETE shredding of a Republican Party Census Document he recently received. It's a riot to watch him dismember the survey writers (metaphorically speaking) before your very eyes:

Apparently, I am "among a select group of Republicans who have been chosen to take part in the official census of the Republican Party." My answers on this questionnaire represent the views of thousands of party members in my voting district, and without my answers, the Republican National Committee will "not be able to help President Bush win passage of his reform agenda in Congress."

Well, if my answers to this academically worthless survey are critical to the President's agenda, we've elected the wrong party. You appeal to my intelligence and then insult it. You make me think you care about my opinions, then discard them and ask for money. Your survey is callous and embodies the impoverished political thinking far too prevalent in the United States today.

Good survey questions don't try to lead the subject into answering a certain way. Good survey questions don't assume thought processes or unduly restrict answers in a "my way or the highway" fashion. Good surveys aren't biased - and bad surveys return useless data.


Also, the graphics rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home