Friday, July 01, 2005

The Left Revealed... and it ain't pretty

Before reading the transcript of this debate, I was willing to dismiss David Horowitz's recent book, Unholy Alliance: Radical Islam and the American Left, as fringe lunacy. But Daniel Lazare did more to damage his cause than Horowitz ever could.

I was willing to believe that most leftists actually did like America, and were only critical because they want to improve it. Now I'm not so sure.

I'd quote it for you, but you really need to read the whole thing for it to be credible. If you only follow one link I ever put up on this site, follow this. You need to see this to believe it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to decide whether to fly into a rage or weep at how messed up people like Lazare are trying to ruin our country, which is, at worst, better than most.

2 Comments:

At 7/01/2005 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hysterical! When you realize why PEOPLE matter more than any "cuntry" then you may start to get it. Liberals have ethics, conservatives quote ethics, then they lie to get their countries to go to war, imprison anyone they are suspicious of, and defend torture. Nice.

 
At 7/16/2005 7:59 AM, Blogger Randomscrub said...

Try debating merits of arguments rather than knee jerk conservative bashing. I have never said "liberals are evil" or such things. I try to remember that no matter how messed up many liberals are, there are also many who are exemplary, decent people deserving of praise. Not all liberals have ethics, and not all conservatives merely quote ethics. Neither side has a monopoly on virtue. Try to keep that in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home