Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Problems in the UN

So, I've been bashing the UN a lot lately, and I realize that I need to find other topics of conversation before I bore all of you, but I just wanted to point out a few things:

Senator Norm Coleman, head of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, has been investigating Saddam's $21 billion abuse of the oil-for-food program. In today's Wall Street Journal, he calls for Kofi Annan's resignation, which he believes will aid in rooting out the corruption in the UN.

The Foreign Service officers at The Diplomad are a bit more pessimistic and believe that its self serving nature is inherent in its dependence on beuracracy.

I myself believe the problem with the UN lies in the fact that a totalitarian state has equal rights and voting power as a democracy. More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home